Joinery Sales Business Development Manager, South East London. Up to £34,000 + Bonuses
About the company
With a trading history spanning over 135 years our client is firmly established as the largest timber merchant in the South East with a network of close to 20 branches across 4 counties.
Regarded as Timber Experts they supply an extensive range of hard and soft wood timber products, sheet materials, flooring, decking, fencing and timber buildings, as well as manufacturing specialist joinery products including internal and external door systems, staircases and windows.
What's the opportunity?
The Joinery Business Development Manager is an integral role within the central sales team. Reporting to the Commercial Director you will be fully responsible for managing commercial relationships and maximising sales within the range of specialist timber joinery products.
With a company philosophy of providing expertise and excellence in all that they do our client is looking for a truly dynamic Business Development Manager who excels at building and developing strong and profitable commercial relationships.
What will I be doing?
Complete day to day management of a portfolio of accounts with an annual budget in excess of £1.5m, as well as full responsibility for developing a pipeline of new business opportunities within the specialist joinery products division:
* Build and develop existing B2B relationships
* Proactively look for and develop new prospective commercial opportunities
* Undertake site visits to further strengthen new and existing client relationships
* Price up new enquiries and follow up on quotes and sales leads
* Manage and negotiate with supply network
What skills do I need?
* Proven experience of B2B sales and account management within the merchant sector
* Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills
* Ability to communicate confidently at all levels
* Proven experience of timber sales (internal or external)
* Successful track record of selling into house builders, developers and contractors
Our client is a recognised Investor in People with staff development, training and recognition at the forefront of their business. The package includes:
* Starting salary of between £28,000 and £34,000 dependent upon experience
* Strong performance related bonus structure
* Generous holiday entitlements
* Pension contributions
* Excellent opportunities for training and career development
If you'd like to know more apply online now and we'll be in touch to discuss the role.
- Account Management
- Area Sales
- New Business Development
- Sales Manager
- Internal Sales
- Specification Sales
- Joinery Sales
- Timber Sales
- Estimation Sales
- Timber Supply Sales
- Timber Merchant Sales
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job