Our client is at the forefront of the niche manufacturing sector in conjunction with the Site Manager, to oversee and optimise the production processes at the Durham site.
- Ensure that customer orders are produced on time, to the desired quality levels and within the budgeted cost.
- Monitor performance against objectives by use of appropriate KPI’s and initiate corrective action when required.
- Adopt new ideas, including the improvement of team and Company performance using Continuous Improvement techniques.
- Ensuring productivity targets are met.
- Drive 5s activities within the relevant cell.
- Liaising with the Site Manager to ensure daily, weekly, monthly and annual targets are set and attained.
- To ensure lean manufacturing and improvement processes are implemented.
- Assist the Site Manager with the budget review process.
- Ensuring Health and Safety standards are maintained throughout the Durham site.
- Ensuring work rules are consistently applied to all employees.
- In conjunction with the Site Manager, develop training plans for the Durham workforce.
- In the absence of the Site Manager, act as a Deputy in relation to production activities.
- Perform any other reasonable duties, as instructed by the Site Manager.
- Abide by the Core Values and Code of Ethics and strive to meet and exceed the Group’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) commitments.
- Previous experience of working in a similar environment and as a Production Manager is essential.
- Knowledge of sheet metal forming and assembly manufacturing practise is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability in applying manufacturing principles i.e lean manufacturing and continuous improvement, including 5s techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of H&S and its application in the workplace is essential.
- Previous experience of working with budgets is essential.
- Possess good IT skills (spreadsheets, engineering databases, presentation tools etc).
- Ability to demonstrate clear leadership skills.
- Ability to understand, analyse and resolve complex issues and give balanced well considered decisions.
- Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast paced environment.
- Self-motivated, Production Manager, capable of dealing with a variety of fast moving and demanding tasks, with the ability to demonstrate real passion for the role.
- Excellent time management, project management, numeracy and literacy skills.
- Possess the confidence and presentation skills to advise all staff and senior management on operational issues.
- Be able to travel within & outside the UK, and work away from base location as necessary.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job