Job Title: Principal / Senior Consultant - Energy & Sustainability
Competitive Salary & Benefits
About the role
We have a current opening for an experienced Senior / Principle Sustainability Consultant to join our team in London.
This role will sit as part of the Energy and Sustainability Team within Asset Solutions, a newly formed centre of excellence within Capita, which brings together skills and services from across the Real Estate division (from design to FM) to deliver innovative, integrated low carbon solutions for our clients across the full building lifecycle.
The role will support the team to manage and deliver low carbon and sustainable design, assessment and operational solutions for the built environment. This role will work closely with the team Associate Directors and Director to lead and deliver quality projects and services, manage client relationships and support with business development with new and existing clients, in the field of energy and sustainability.
Working as part of a team of energy and sustainability consultants located throughout the UK, this role may involve supervision and matrix management of junior members of staff to enable successful delivery of projects. This role would take the lead on larger or more strategic projects, developing and maintaining client relationships both internally and externally and ensuring effective, quality and timely delivery through the team of resources.
About Capita Real Estate Property and Infrastructure
Capita Local Government Health & Property and part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We are one of the UK's largest and most diverse multidisciplinary consultancies in the design, management, infrastructure, real estate, civil engineering, environmental management and transport sectors. We are also the market leader in strategic public-private partnerships with local government clients.
We have over 4,000 staff based in 60 UK & Ireland offices offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of size, complexity or sector.
What you will do:
- Lead and deliver energy and sustainability consultancy projects/services for new and existing clients, covering services across the full building lifecycle.
- Project management of larger/strategic projects and potentially other resources to deliver successful outcomes for clients, to time, quality and budget.
- Working within a wider sustainability team (located throughout the UK) to deliver projects, support with mentoring junior members of staff and deliver targeted income.
- Develop quality outputs for clients including reports, processes, policies, technical data and literature
- Attend meetings with clients to develop new business or maintain existing relationships
- Participate in opportunity analysis / due diligence of potential projects/ new clients
- Support the team to identify new opportunities to increase revenues / improve processes
- Creatively apply technical knowledge to enable, support and implement all aspects of project requirements
- Provide day-to-day support as required by business to fulfil client and project requirements
- Support the development of new products and services and help to promote these to new and existing clients.
- Supporting with business development activities through client meetings and presentations, bid preparation and research.
- Keep up to date with latest legislation and regulations in the field of energy and sustainability.
- Deputise for Associate Directors/Director as required
Your Experience Will Include:
- Degree level or equivalent in relevant subject (environmental/sustainability/engineering/built environment/energy / FM/ construction etc)
- At least 5 years' experience of working in energy/sustainability consultancy and/or implementation of sustainability/energy strategies
- Professional memberships - membership/associate membership of IEMA / CIBSE / EI or equivalent is beneficial
- Relevant professional qualifications include BREEAM, WELL, IES/TAS, LEED, Ska, ISO14001/EMS, ESOS, NDEA, DEA (minimum of at least 1 relevant qualification required)
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job