- Active building and maintenance of production web applications.Existing applications include code based on Typescript, ES6, AngularJS.
- You will also work on NodeJS server-side and use the latest approaches in app building with Webpack, Docker etc. contributing to a Continuous Delivery pipeline.
- Working as a team, JS Leads and Managers would mentor successful candidates to grow their skills
Located in the East London Tech City, you will become part of a diverse and rapidly expanding team of talented developers and other software delivery specialists.
My client are technology driven, with a team working & joint responsibility philosophy. As such, you should have a genuine desire to cooperate and build robust, test driven software using industry standard processes.
- Working knowledge of Typescript
- Good OO bases
- Strong knowledge of functional programing principles in software development
- Ability to design and build optimised, scalable and reliable web applications
- Excellent knowledge of HTTP REST Protocols with JSON (WS-* knowledge a plus)
- Code debugging with Node and the browser
- Ability to profile CPU and analyse stack traces to find issues and debug applications
- Actively participate in Meetups, Forums and Events to learn about the latest teach and work with Chief Architect to keep the SW up to date and relevant
- Learn and encourage others to learn about the latest tech and new ways of doing and approaching problems
- Look for opportunities to use or create standards and frameworks to improve the overall quality of developed software
- Pragmatic and systematic when developing a new system
- An experienced developer with a mature approach who is passionate about technology and wants to help others learn and grow whilst continuing to progress personally
- Drive high standards of quality through code review and setting a strong example in unit testing
- Willingness to work with Business Stakeholders and Product owner to understand a business problem and find answers
- Should believe in a team centric approach and proactively look for ways to build and strengthen the team
- Ability to develop and own application features, individual tasks in order to meet milestones and deadlines
- Ability to interact with technical and non-technical people to explain new features or issues that may occur
- Strive towards Continuous delivery approach
- Initiative to drive change in development practices across the department through teamwork, code reviews, etc.
- An excellent communicator with good written and oral communication and the ability to rationally debate the pros and cons of various solution options
- Confident to put forward own opinions and ideas in senior forums
- Ability to build credible good relationships with managers, team members and internal and external stakeholders
- A "real" developer interested in new tech, runs with it, and identifies benefits applicable to the projects they are working on
- A desire to expand your technology horizon by learning new frameworks and languages (Node.js, Scala, Java, etc.)
- Interest in open source solutions, and willing to contribute back to community
- Sociable, willing to get involved and help others
- Good knowledge of Typescript
- Proven capabilities in developing services or any sort of backend code with NodeJS
- Good knowledge of AWS and it’s various tools
- Good knowledge of queuing systems (like AMQ, Kafka, etc)
- Writes good clean code and has capable of providing confidence in their work (with unit tests, TDD, etc)
- SQL & No-SQL Databases (MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, MySQL)
- Maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job
- Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the level of responsibility of this job
- Fluent in English language both written and oral
- May be required on occasion to work outside standard working hours
- Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the country of employment.