Java Support Developer – Norwich, Norfolk - £40-55k plus packagePurpose of role
The role involves working client-facing bespoke development projects as well as development of internal platforms and systems.
The successful candidate will be supporting a team of developers who build websites for with a range of technologies and for multiple clients. Experience with both Waterfall and Agile software development frameworks is advantageous.Key Technologies
Experience in the following technologies is required:
- Java / Java EE
- JMS (Using queue brokers and listeners )
- Relational Databases like MySQL
- ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Web frameworks like Spring
Experience in the following technologies is desirable:
- Experience with NoSQL databases, especially XML databases such as MarkLogic / eXist etc
- Experience implementing XML / XSLT based solutions
- Integrating websites with 3rd party APIs (REST/SOAP)
- Experience in XForms and Orbeon
- TDD / BDD (e.g. Cucumber)
- Testing frameworks (JUnit , Mockito)
- Continuous Integration
- Source Control (SVN, TFS)
- Release Management using Jenkins
- Educated to degree level or higher in Computer Science or a related technology field.
- Experienced Java developer with a history of implementing robust and high quality web applications according to specification documents / user stories.
- More than 5 years’ experience in Java technology.
- Experience of the software development lifecycle and Agile development methodologies.
- Experience of providing client facing support is an advantage.