NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia, with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
Senior Java Developer (with Technical Architecture experience)
NCR is looking for experienced Java developer with some Technical Architecture experience to join an expanding team working on real time fraud detection in financial transactions. Helping to make transactions in the real and online worlds safer for us all. This role remains mainly a hands-on Java developer.
We fully embrace Agile and Scrum, using the latest tools and technologies to make our continuous integration environment as slick as possible while ensuring code quality through TDD, BDD and a QA team embedded within the scrum team.
Our applications must perform to a high degree of accuracy, while processing millions of transactions and responding in real time (milliseconds).
What we offer
- Competitive salary and set of benefits
- Great set of colleagues to work with
- An exciting and challenging set of projects to work on
- Commitment to your development and training
- A company that truly embraces Agile development
What we are looking for
- BSc in computer science
- 5+ years Java development experience (ideally up to Java 8)
- Has successfully covered the Technical Architecture role on one or more projects, including; technical roadmap, technology choice, system design, design patterns, performance and standards adherence
- Recognizes the benefits of TDD (ideally exposure to BDD using cucumber)
- Has experience using RESTful web services
- Has experience using SQL within Java
- Exposure to parallel programming techniques in Java
- Exposure to performance profiling and application tuning
- Exposure to Web development (e.g. using GWT, Angular.JS, Spring MVC)
- Hands on experience of Linux
- Is committed to continuous improvement. Including; the applications, the development processes and your professional skills
- Great communications skills (a team player)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job