This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic Java Software Engineer to join our Platform Engineering team. As part of the team, you will be responsible for the ongoing development of an evolving service-based platform which forms the heart of the company’s systems. Our services use REST and Thrift APIs, both internal and customer-facing, to deliver a number of core functions such as data import and export, systems integration, data processing, reporting and communications.
We’re about to enter a new phase of service development, so this is the perfect time to join the team and take part in green-field development as well as contributing to the maintenance and enhancement of our existing services.
You will have:
- Good knowledge of core Java
- Knowledge of the Spring framework, including Spring MVC
- Experience working with web services
- Experience writing comprehensive unit tests
- Good communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a wider team
- A practical and pragmatic approach to software development
- Knowledge of MongoDB or other NoSQL database
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Knowledge of other Spring libraries and components, especially Spring Boot
- Knowledge of JUnit and Mockito
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience working in a Scrum team
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud providers
The client is happy to let someone work fully remotely now and post Covid-19. Please apply today today to find out more about this exciting opportunity.
- Agile Methodologies
- Core Java
- Working Remotely
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'