Our client a leading Financial Services organisation is looking for a number of Software Engineer to join their API team.
The successful candidates will be working within one of our client’s scrum teams to build and maintain the RESTful APIs that underpin both our client’s and their partners’ digital apps.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and be willing to roll-up their sleeves to support / nurture others when required.
Our client approaches software delivery with an Agile mind-set, focused on delivering small, value driven enhancements often. We achieve that with our scrum teams that include UX Designers, Developers, Testers and Solutions Designers:
- To create brand new experiences.
- Small changes to existing products
- Investing in maintaining their existing products.
- Building 'Production Ready’ software when it leaves Development.
- If you change code, you only ever make it better: Ratchet.
- SOLID/KISS principles are followed.
- You keep re-use at the forefront of your mind
- Only design and build software that is 'cloud ready’.
- Frequently delivering 'high-value’ features to our customers.
- Technical expertise in Java Development and associated frameworks (Junit, Cucumber, Jenkins, Spring, Maven).
- Hands on experience of developing with RedHat FUSE, Apache ServiceMix or Apache Camel.
- Hands on experience of designing, building and supporting RESTful API’s.
- Knowledge of and interest in industry direction and trends within RESTful API development.
- Experience of server side Java development and associated concerns (eg. thread Management, database access, ORM and security)
- Hands on experience with working on high volume systems >100-1000 TPS.
- Experience of working in geographically dispersed teams.
Working knowledge of Agile Software Architectures, GoF OO Software Design Patterns, Test and Behaviour Driven Development.
Our client in return, offers a competitive salary and fantastic benefits, including excellent pension and bonus potential, as well as generous annual leave
- Software Development
- Digital Applications