Java Software Engineer
Are you a passionate geek who loves tech and would interested in working with likeminded individuals? Xact Placements has an excellent opportunity for a Java Software Engineer who has a good grounding in Java Development as well as web UI and mobile technologies. Our client is a software house who specialises in providing cutting edge technology for the broadcasting industry. They run a very relaxed and friendly office and pride themselves on being able to offer a great working environment.
Our client’s core platform is built on Java, but for this role they are looking for candidates who are also comfortable developing in other common scripting and programming languages used within the mobile and web ecosystems, and are not afraid to pick up and learn new languages when required.
Flexibility and willingness to learn are valued over deep knowledge of frameworks. The successful candidate will be initially work on a number of projects outside the realm of our core streaming platform, including our device and web SDKs, and the web-based management console for our platform therefore experience in web and mobile development will be considered favourable.
Skills & Requirements
Our ideal candidate would have:
- At least three years of experience in Java 1.6 or above (spent the majority of their time in the last three years writing Java)
- A solid working knowledge of the HTTP protocol, XML parsing and generation, and web services
- Exposure to web application frameworks such as Angular, jQuery, Prototype.
- Demonstrable ability to pick up new languages and quickly become productive.
- Familiarity with one or more mobile development environments - iOS, Android, Windows Phone.
- Familiarity with one or more scripting languages - PHP, Ruby, Python, node.js
- Core software engineering skills (version control, bug tracking, documentation, etc)
"Nice to have" skills include:
- Experience in working with streaming protocols such as HLS, Smooth Streaming, MPEG-DASH and HDS
- Understanding of x264 or video encoding and packaging
- Experience or awareness of the operation of broadcast systems such playout automation, scheduling, encoding However, we are really interested in working with people with then right core skills and attitude.
Salary: Up to £60,000 Plus benefits and bonus
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job