Java Senior Software Engineer - Bristol
Yolk are supporting YellowDog in the recruitment of a Senior Java Software Engineer to work on their core platform and products and progress into a Technical Architect role.
You will be responsible for the design and development of the core systems and will provide a technical interface between teams in the UK and overseas.
The company were founded on the belief that there was already enough computing power in the world but an imbalance between supply. Three years, 16 more staff, 4 awards and 1000 customers later the company has gone from strength to strength and has just released their second major product, this time for the Financial Services Industry. This is an opportunity to be part of an exciting scale up venture that has already revolutionised the 3D Rendering industry and have already received a number of accolades and awards for their work so far.
A genuine tech, industry disrupter they have a strong team already and are now looking to build on this.
YellowDog people are fun loving, reliable, genuine and adventurous. As we build YellowDog we are creating an environment we want to work in. We are looking for new members of the team who can bring a range of new skills, experiences and backgrounds to this exciting challenge and become part of something that we believe will revolutionise the way computing power is used across multiple industries.
Our core platform is based in Java and powers everything we do. We are looking for an individual who can Design, Develop and Architect this platform as well as all our products ensuring reliability, security and scalability as we grow as well as be involved in a range of other customer projects. You’ll still be hands-on with the code whilst making architectural and design decisions across software, infrastructure, network and storage.
- Lead effective design in all core products delivered by teams in the UK and Lithuania, ensuring the right processes, communication, and reviews are in place and encourage the teams to collaborate fully with total trust
- Lead development teams to write scalable Java code with a focus on code quality and performance
- Work collaboratively with multiple development teams to design and execute on a given technical solution, managing multiple products
- Help ensure that architecture is secure by design, adhering to ISO 25010:2011, and that our data centre operations (using partners) meet ISO27001.
- Design, develop, test and maintain frontend, backend and peer to peer services
- Deliver services capable of 99.9% availability in production, and create high customer satisfaction levels
- Work with YellowDog management to define and deliver measurable process improvements
- Monitor and benchmarking systems to drive operational performance improvements
- Design meaningful engaging user experiences / interfaces
You’ll be a Senior Java Developer with a good appreciation of Design and Architecture and experience in distributed system. You’ll also have a number of the below and be willing to learn the rest.
- Absolute focus on quality and robust
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and a strategic mindset
- Experience with a range of operating systems, hypervisors and container engines
- Solid understanding of IP networks including firewalls and VPNs
- Experience of distributed systems, scalability and fault tolerant design
- Experience of Spring/Hibernate
- Experience with testing frameworks, continuous integration and deployment and build tools.
- Familiarity building enterprise class front-end applications using AngluarJS and React
- Documenting and recording actions in Confluence and Jira
Yolk Recruitment is working in partnership with YellowDog on a retained basis for the recruitment of a number of key roles including this. If you wish to apply to this role please contact Matthew Sykes at Yolk Recruitment or simply apply to this advertisement via the methods outlined. Please note that YellowDog will not be accepting direct applications, and will direct you back to Yolk.
For an initial informal discussion then please contact Matthew on the phone number provided.