Big Data Engineer / Scala Big Data Engineer / Scala Engineer / Java Big Data Engineer // London
My client, a relatively new team of data experts with many years of experience in data analyics, BI, software development and machine learning, are on the lookout for another talented and passionate developer to join their team in Central London. You'd be based out of their office which has a beautiful view overlooking the city.
They have operations in multiple locations including European cities and recently taken on operations in Australia. They are currently providing the consultancy services to help organisations visualise, build and secure their networks. Clients can then act on the alerts created by the data developers, helping them to keep on top of high risk activities.
On this role you would be:
- working with a wide range of tools including emerging open-source tools such as Spark and Hadoop as well as traditional technologies
- provide input throughout the project lifecycle, from presales engagement, through to analysing data and assuring high quality implementations
- Designing, building, testing and deploying systems
To be considered for this role you would need the following experience:
- At least 2 years experience using Scala or Java
- Experience with Spark and Hadoop
- High quality (2:1 or above) numerate degree (mathematics, physics, computer science etc.)
- Strong problem solving skills: able to effectively analyse new situations and to suggest and implement pragmatic solutions
Unfortunately for this role, my client would not be able to sponsor.
Extras include a yearly bonus’, flexible working hours (for candidates who want to travel home at weekends) and an impressive company pension.
Interviews for these roles will be commencing on Tuesday 13th February.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, then please do send a recent CV to Kira Patel via email on , or alternatively you can apply via this advert.