Job Title: Java/ ESB Senior Developer
Business Unit: Change & Delivery, Digital Engineering
Salary: Up to £50,000 per annum DOE
Location: UK based - remote working available
Contract Type: Permanent
Disrupt the status quo. It’s a simple statement that tells you everything about?Virgin Money. It’s about thinking what?Digital?could be, instead of what it?is now. Thinking this way gives us so many opportunities to make our customers happier.
So, what’s our?Digital Engineering Vision? Simply put, we will become a fully digitised bank, by developing a best in class digital delivery capability for our colleagues and our customers.? But how will we deliver it? By becoming a truly Agile Organisation,?our Digital Engineering Agile journey started in October 2020, since then, we have set up new Tribes, new squads, new ways of workings, loads of training sessions and much?much?more, it’s an exciting time to join the team,?what are you waiting for.
We're looking for an ambitious Java/ ESB Senior Developer who of course loves the techy side of being a technologist but also someone who cares about delivering engaging customer experiences. We believe in collaboration, with Agile at the heart of everything we do. We aren't perfect (who is?) so we iterate and improve as we go.
As a Senior Developer you’ll be responsible for development and implementation of Integration and Microservice based solutions from initial conception through completion in an Agile environment. You’ll be supporting the business and technical architecture of the delivered solution matches enterprise, technical and functional requirements. Interested? Keep reading to find out more!
Day to day you’ll be...
- Working as part of an agile team assisting in the evolution of the Java Microservice and Integration Platform to keep fit for the future to support changing requirements and working practices in a fast-changing technology landscape.
- Identifying, implementing or suggesting changes that improve service to internal and external customers.
- Working as part of a team and supporting more junior members of the team to ensure the delivery and management tasks across Java and ESB stacks; delivering quality outputs in a timely fashion, that meet the needs of stakeholders; focusing not just on what is delivered, but equally focused on quality.
- Using your knowledge and ability to collaborate with other members of the team, to enhance their and your skills and manage multiple streams of work through to completion.
To be brilliant you’ll bring...
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience in Java 7/8 development preferably at an enterprise scale OR In-depth experience and practical experience in IBM ESB or similar Middleware product, across multiple areas of a typical enterprise technology.
- In depth experience of Agile development with a strong grasp of automation, continuous integration, test-driven development and continuous refactoring.
- Proven ability with a successful track record of performing code reviews, driving software standards and best practices
- Significant practical experience in Agile development, e.g. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe
- SOAP/ REST Web Services
- SQL / ESQL
It’s a bonus if you have below,?but?it’s?not essential...
- Any experience with Pega, BPM tool
- IBM Security Access Manager experience
- IBM – Datapower experience
- Atlassian Stack
- Unix / Linux
We really need you to have the skills and experience listed in the?"to be brilliant you’ll need to bring"?section above, but the final section is?just our wish list, so please don’t let that put you off applying, we’d love to hear from you!?
RED HOT Rewards
• 38.5 days annual leave for all colleagues (including bank holidays and pro rata if part-time)
• Five extra paid well-being days per year
• 20 weeks paid, gender neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
• Option to receive up to a 13% pension contribution
• Six months sick leave and six months half pay
• A digital-first colleague experience
• Ability to work anywhere in the UK
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It’s good for you, it’s good for us and it’s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don’t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We’d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at or
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit…
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'