Java Development Manager
Java Development Manager, our client a Leading Fin Tech is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to lead a development team in their London City offices. Working as part of a new EMEA-based Product team, you will lead and develop a team of software engineers following Design Thinking and Agile Delivery. Within this exciting and challenging role, you will be responsible for generating breakthrough ideas, prototyping and delivering working software quickly to enable testing and short-cycle innovation.
In order to be successful for this role, all applicants will need strong experience of developing a new core platform based on a micro services architecture with multiple web/mobile applications built on top and will be highly experienced in Leveraging a combination of open source and third-party libraries/frameworks such as Eureka (service discovery), MongoDB (NoSQL), Elastic Search (search), Pivotal Cloud Foundry (cloud native), Microsoft Azure (cloud service platform). Previous Fintech experience is not required for this role - Making this a great opportunity to enter a key player within the financial services industry.
All applicants will need:
• 5+ years Software engineering / product development experience
• Strong Experience of leading and coordinating development teams within an Agile environment
Ideally you will have:
• Good experience with RESTful API design and microservice architectures;
• Familiarity with modern CSS libraries or view libraries e.g. Bootstrap, Angular Material, etc..
• Experience with the following tools and technologies: Java, IntelliJ, Jenkins, REST, Groovy, Elastic, MongoDB, RabbitMQ;
• Experience with unit testing tools like Junit, Mockito, Spock;
• Ability to write code that can support modular/scalable UI architecture
• Experience with Single Page Applications (SPAs);
• Familiar with architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web applications (e.g., well-designed APIs, distributed architecture, 12 factor apps).
• Experience of working within the squad model, and internal open source development
• Knowledge and interest in Test Driven Development (TDD)
This is a great opportunity for a Java Development Manager to join a leading Global Fin tech working with the most prominent investment banks, law firms and investment services firms across the globe. If you are keen to take your career to the next level developing a ground-breaking platform call me and send your CV….Now!!
- Design Patterns
- Angular Material
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job