Java Developers - Java 8 / Wildfly / Spring Boot
I'm working with an expanding software house based near Chelmsford in Essex, in their hunt for a number of Java Developer to support them through the next phase of growth. They are looking for Java Developers at all levels that help improve the functionality across a range of products that they sell to the automotive industry
Different teams & products are using different Java-based architectures, however it is expected that Java Developers should have experience with Java 7 or 8, Core Spring and experience with an ORM framework such as Hibernate or JPA. Beyond that, defferent teams are implementing a Micro-Services architecture so there are opportunities for Developers that have picked up experience with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud or Dropwizard, however if you have worked with JBoss and similar messaging platforms, then our client would also be able to find a place for you!
The company comprises of several small teams delivering products and applications used by globally recognised automotive clients. This will provide you with an opportunity to engage with a variety of people, cultures and dynamics.
For the successful candidate, the role can be tailored to your skills and strengths. They offer a variety of roles using the technologies you are passionate about and levels of contact with customers that you are comfortable with.
Aside from the development aspects of the position, you will be expected to perform 'deep dive' investigations and analysis on software, suggesting code and infrastructure improvements, ultimately providing our clients with improved performance, stability and end-user experience of their systems.
You will be a self-starter with the ability to understand user requirements, developing these into strong design documentation and conveying these concepts to clients. The role requires leadership and initiative along with prerequisite Java knowledge.
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent Java SE 7+ and Java EE knowledge.
- Strong presentation and communication skills that allow you to translate technical information effectively to non-technical audiences at a variety or organisational levels.
- A desire to solve complex design problems or software bugs using both logical and creative approaches.
- Strong understanding of unit testing as part of the software development cycle, following Test Driven Development.
- Basic understanding of the HTTP protocol.
- Effective operational proficiency with the English language (Level C1 or better of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.)
- Full UK drivers license
- ILR/British Passport/Spousal/family visa - unfortunately our client are unable to offer sponsorship to non-EU applicants.
Nice to have:
- Experience with the following technology and practices:
- MVC concepts
- Agile development processes
- JBoss Application Server (WildFly)
- Source version control (ideally with Git)
- Spring (including Spring Boot, Spring Data and Spring Security)
- Enterprise Java Beans (EJBs)
- JPA/Hibernate, Struts 2
Oscar Technology Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job