Java Developer- Permanent, Java, Microservices, Spring Boot, AWS, Docker, Continuous Integration.
Basic Salary: £35,000-£75,000 DOE/ Paid Travel/ Bespoke Package
U.K Base Locations:
London, Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle, Blackpool, Telford, Rotherham, Woking.
We are recruiting a number of Java developers across the U.K for one of our consultancy clients. You'll be working for on-site for one of their Public Sector clients. Working on-site with a client can provide considerable benefits to a project such as faster decision making, reduced misunderstanding and closer collaboration but we understand very well that this has to be balanced with the need for flexible working.
The UK Government is one of the most digitally advanced in the world recently coming top of the 2016 United Nations E-Government and E-Procurement surveys making this an exciting opportunity.
What the Java Developer will be doing
- Work alongside great engineers on large scale technically challenging projects
- Working with cutting edge technology to help drive transformation within the UK Government.
- You'll get opportunities to develop and progress. There are many avenues to constantly learn through modern learning environments such as Safari Online, A Cloud Guru and our clients University programme. You will be provided with resources and be given the chance to attend events.
Java Developer Skills
We are looking for software engineers with a broad range of experience in modern open source stacks, so don't worry if you haven't got strong experience in every skill listed below. If you can demonstrate a good selection of these skills, and a passion for developing exciting new technical skills, then we'd really like to talk to you.
- A strong software engineering background in Java.
- Working in client facing roles in an agile environment.
- Delivering web-based digital services, REST APIs and/or complex integration solutions.
- Hands-on experience of modern software architectures such as microservices.
- Development frameworks such as Spring, Play!, Dropwizard, Camel, AngularJS and React.
- Working with modern test tools and frameworks such as REST Assured, Cucumber, Mockito, WireMock and SonarQube.
- Relational and/or NoSQL databases.
- Core XP practices such as TDD, CI/CD and pair programming.
- Continuous delivery in a cloud-based environment.
- Working in a DevOps environment using tools like Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes etc.
Our Client is committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for their clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
- Spring Boot
- Continous Integration
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'