Our client, based in Cambridge are looking for an experienced Java developer to join their close-knit team, developing Enterprise Content Management software and assisting with the whole product lifecycle from planning to release.
The department consists of a mixture of Java/Scala developers who work on a server based archive with a web interface, and .NET developers who work on a suite of thick-client applications for OCR and workflow.
• Full stack development from frontend to backend
• Developing greenfield projects for bespoke requirements
• Maintaining continuous integration builds
• Assisting with the release process (updating documentation/changelogs/etc)
• Proactive refactoring to reduce complexity, increase performance and improve quality
• Second line support of application issues
• An eye for clean code and attention to detail
• A keenness to learn new technologies
• Strong SQL experience
• Knowledge of REST principles
• Experience of unit testing and mock techniques
• Continuous Integration experience
• Understanding of scalable architectures
• Application of design patterns
• Test Driven Development
• Experience with container technologies such as Docker
• Experience with cloud deployments via Azure
We are looking for skills in the following areas of our stack:
• Front end: HTML / CSS / Velocity / JAX-RS / JAX-WS / AngularJS / Vaadin
• Service layer: EJB3 / Spring
• Data layer: JPA / Hibernate / SQL Server / Oracle
• Build: Maven / Artifactory
• Deployment: JBoss AS 7 / Wildfly 10
• Operating systems: Windows Server / Debian based linux
• Process: TDD / TestNG / Mockito / Continuous Integration / Scrum
• Some familiarity with equivalent .NET technologies is also a bonus
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear IT Recruitment Limited.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job