Our client, an International Technology Solutions provider are looking to expand the development team with an experienced Java Developer. You will maintain customer applications, as well as any in house development requirements working directly with the Technical Software Manager. You will be working mainly from home and client sites and occasionally on-site working across various locations in the Midlands and the North of England.
You will be working with the software division team on various customer projects, involving critical enterprise based applications. With a solid understanding of Java development and comfortable talking about system design and architecture, you will also have a strong technical background and good communication skills.
· At least 3+ years commercial experience working with Java / J2EE development.
· Commercial experience with Java frameworks Spring and Hibernate.
· Experience of working with Web Service applications.
· Knowledge of Hibernate and Spring (MVC, Security, Cloud)
· Experience of Source control (Git)
· Good understanding of Eclipse Environment
· Strong knowledge of SQL and relational database (Infomix / Oracle ideally)
· Experience of web application servers (WebSphere and Apache Tomcat).
· The right developer will also be professional, self-disciplined and adopt a positive approach to resolving issues.
· Good communicator and ability to deal with customers as the role may include some customer facing aspect.
· Desirable but not essential: Jenkins, JQuery, Linux, IBMi, and NoSQL
In return, our client offer excellent company benefits including 25 days holiday and a fantastic opportunity to progress to the next level as an experienced developer.
If you are a dynamic individual looking for a new challenge then please send your CV to and I will then give you a call to discuss in more detail.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job