This is an EXCELLENT opportunity to join a professional, growing company with low staff turnover, with an excellent salary to match!
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining web-based software solutions, thinking creatively, suggesting and implementing new features, writing novel algorithms and redesigning legacy code. Other responsibilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining desktop visualisation software (which involves working with Java Swing for creating graphical user interfaces).
- Creation of custom visualisation methods for data analysis
- Potentially occasional visits to customer or partner sites in the UK to gather requirements, perform maintenance, or carry out installations.
- Developing and maintaining tools for simplifying access to data stored in relational databases such as Oracle, MySql, SqlServer and other database systems.
Formal training will be provided where needed, but they would expect you to learn 'hands-on' alongside more experienced colleagues.
So what do YOU need to be considered for this role?
- 4+ years' commercial experience
- Degree in Computer Science or similar, or in any scientific discipline with relevant experience
- Experience in the following is essential: Java, Swing, Oracle, SQL; and Windows
- Experience with one or more scripting languages is desirable (Perl, PHP, python etc.)
What will you get in return?
Firstly, this is an EXCELLENT company with low staff turnover and a great deal of professionalism. You will be treated well and rewarded for your efforts and results.
The salary on offer will be £45,000, with other benefits include 25 days holiday, private health insurance, life insurance, and company pension contribution.
- Computer Science
- Java Developer
- Scripting Language
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job