We have an excellent opportunity available for a Java Developer, for Personal Touch Financial Services - an LSL Property Services plc business.
Personal Touch Financial Services have over 20 years’ experience of supporting financial advice firms in achieving their business goals. Our vast ranges of services are designed to empower financial advisers, enabling them to tailor their businesses based on their unique client base. Our core qualities are stronger than ever: high quality and personal service.
The role will be to assist with development of the company’s core business application (Java based) and to ensure that service standards are met and maintained by the IT Department.
- Successfully complete IT project deliverables as defined by the team leader in accordance with the project plans.
- Process functional specifications provided and generate the technical designs for the coding solution, including any related databases changes in line with department standards.
- Manage the risks associated with the changes you own by executing impact analysis on any pre-existing system code.
- Undertake the development and testing of code, including some peer review testing as required.
- Implement all the requirements for internal system tests on changes prior to delivery of the solution to the customer; identify issues and liaise with business analyst in order to finalise delivery.
- Pro-actively assist in planning the activities required to implement system changes and participate in internal process improvement projects taking into account business priorities.
- Adhere to all project requirements including the provision of timely communication with all stakeholders, in particular other IT project members and by provide a 2nd level helpdesk support to end users in line with department service levels.
- To undertake any additional adhoc duties when necessary in order to support the business in achieving its overall objectives.
- Ideally minimum of 24 months experience using Java in a commercial environment to develop J2EE applications.
- Previous experience of working in a software development team within a
- Source controlled environment.
- Experience of working under pressure at times.
- Experience of providing estimations of work and effectively delivering on those estimations.
- Experience of effective communications between development and business owners
IT Degree or Equivalent Qualification - desirable
Oracle Java Programmer Certification - essential
The salary for this role is negotiable DOE between £40k to £42k plus benefits.
For more information on this role and to place your interest please contact our LSL’s dedicated recruitment team
- Software Development