An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Java Developer to join our agile UI team based at our Head Office in Nuneaton.
The successful applicant will play a fundamental role in driving change through iterative releases with the primary focus on creating a best-in-class experience for our online shoppers.
- Installing, developing and customising code predominantly within our ecommerce applications
- Work closely with our creative teams to understand and translate the requirements into quality code that both meets and exceeds expectations.Here at Holland & Barrett the customer comes first, meaning you will get the chance to really make a difference and see the improvements being made to our user experiences along the way.
- Working knowledge of Oracle ATG Commerce, BCC, Commerce Pipeline, Request Pipeline, repository architecture, Nucleus, Dynadmin tool
- Good knowledge of Endecca is preferred
- Experience with J2EE development and concepts: Servlets, JSPs (JSTL) and Struts.
- Web services such as SOAP and REST, with good understanding of JSON/XML/XSLT/XSD/XPATH
- Experience working on system integrations, API platform integration (OMS, Call Centre, Search, ERP, payment gateways)
- Source control processes & tools (SVN or GIT)
- Experience in Agile development (TDD, BDD Continuous Integration, JUnit, Spock, Mockito, Selenium)
- Understanding of build processes and tools (for example, Gradle, Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence, Ansible, Docker, continuous builds)
- Solid core Java programming skills
- Deployment knowledge for one or more of the major J2EE application server platforms
- Experience in using ORM (object relational mapping) e.g. Hibernate
- An understanding of Spring, Hibernate and ATG commerce is advantageous
- Understanding of object oriented concepts and UML notation
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation’s most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go…
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job