Revive Recruitment are supporting a modern and respected business with their permanent recruitment of a Java Developer. You will beresponsible for the analysis, definition, design, construction, testing, installation, modification, and maintenance of properly engineered information systems, containing software as the major component to meet agreed business needs. If you are intrigued by a challenge, then this position is for you!
POSITION: Java Developer
SALARY: £40,000 per annum
Specific day-to-day responsibilities and milestones needed to achieve the objectives:
- Writes new software, makes modifications to existing software, or integrates software applications and modules in accordance with agreed upon specifications, created in partnership with others
- Creates and executes unit testing and integration testing ensuring software meets requirements.
- Contributes to the creation of design. May lead the design of less complex components.
- May provide technical support to operations or other development teams.
- Creates, reviews, and maintains all required technical documentation/ manual related to assigned software to ensure supportability and reuse.
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
- Core Java 6 or higher - OOD, annotations, JPA, Hibernate, JUnit, design patterns, Logging Frameworks.
- Spring Core, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring Remote, Spring Integration.
- Oracle Databases especially 12c, PL/SQL invocation from Java, SQL.
- XML, XSL, XSD, Xpath, JSON, JSON Schema.
- Unit testing with JUnit.
- Apache Tomcat.
- Build tools - Maven, Ant etc.
- Source control - SVN or GIT.
- Excellent problem solving capabilities.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
Revive Recruitment are a Chester based Recruitment Agency who delivers a refreshing service to Candidates and Businesses throughout the Cheshire and North Wales Regions. Located on the outskirts of Chester, we are a local and dedicated recruitment agency who will provide you with a professional, positive and bespoke permanent recruitment service.
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Unfortunately due to a high volume of CV’s we cannot respond to every applicant. In the event that we haven`t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies