Java Developer is required by a Global Investment Bank.
- 5+ years commercial software development, predominantly Java and exposure to more recent technologies
- Proven ability to work well in delivering complex systems in a changing fast paced environment
- The ability to develop intuitive and robust user interfaces which improve user experience
- Sound knowledge of application architecture and design
- Has previously designed applications that can fail over safely and are easy to monitor and support
- Understanding of test-driven, agile software methodologies and associated tools/technologies
- Strong, hands-on experience in solution design, design patterns and data structures
- Good understanding of lightweight web technologies (REST endpoints, web-sockets, JSON), and micro-services in a service-orientated ecosystem
- Familiarity with modern OO and functional programming practices. Previous exposure to reactive and/or actor-based systems would be very beneficial.
- Familiarity with messaging infrastructure (e.g. Tibco EMS and similar)
- A preference for keeping code out of XML configuration
You will join the Front Office development team working for the Global Equity Derivatives & Delta 1 business.
The team is a key partner to the business and is a major contributor to its success and future growth. To support the Equities Growth plan additional funding is being invested in technology and a number of new and exciting projects have been initiated.
Please call or send your CV in now for more details, this is an URGENT role!!!