Java (To transition to Scala) Developer required with experience in TDD and pair programming to join the Fulfilment Team at YNAP that is responsible for order management and Integration with warehouse management systems, as well as order validation services for in-season brands Net-A-Porter & MR Porter. As a Java/Scala developer, you will be delivering services to power our warehouse fulfilment operations and provide first class delivery and shipping services to our customers.
We are looking for developers with various levels of experience, as part of a plan to invest in, and develop to work as part of our award-winning technology team and will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from on-site industry experts.
The order management platform is key to supporting the business’ ability to scale and innovate, with 99% of the code being in Scala. Working in our OMS Teams, you will be tasked with helping to deliver effective solutions for a variety of business problems and stakeholders, often working alongside a number of different technology teams. You’ll be working in agile environment, and supported by an experienced tech team, helping to deliver code and configuration changes to enable our ambitious fulfilment aims across the group.
You will be joining a fast-paced environment with a real opportunity to make a difference. An environment where we encourage ownership and accountability in our teams; for the processes and development practices employed by the team as well as the systems they work with. We are looking for candidates who are able to learn quickly and who would value and enjoy developing their understanding of the business, and the products we use, as well as the technologies that underpin them.
What experience are we looking for from you?
- Proven experience as a backend Java Developer
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Understanding of Functional programming design patterns
- Experience building scalable & performant Microservices
- Experience with agile methodologies, Scrum, Kanban & pair programming
- Understanding of TDD/BDD practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What's in it for you?
- Full training in functional Scala
- Opportunity to work on an enterprise order management system (€2.1b in 2017)
- Java to Transition to Scala
- Working in an agile environment, supported by an experienced tech team of Scala Developers