Java Developer - Hadoop & Spark
Would you like to work on one of the best Hadoop & Apache Spark based projects in the Midlands?
Good with Java and/or Scala Development?
Want to play with the latest kit while learning new technology?
How would you like to work for a prestigious, global organisation; an outstanding company that provides seamless and intelligent Risk and Compliance technology to many of the world's top banks?
We are looking for a Java Developer to join a team working on a Hadoop & Apache Spark based projects for our award-winning regulatory reporting platform. The role will be based in our 'state of the art' purpose-built development centre in the heart of Birmingham.
You will have the opportunity to expand and improve your skill sets in many advanced areas, especially within the Financial Services sector.
As a Java Developer you will be expected to have a solid Java (and/or Scala) programming background, and recent wide-ranging experience on technologies commonly known as "Big Data". This should include experience on successful projects in areas such as: data transformation (ETL), "fast data", data analysis and mining, business intelligence and data visualisation.
In addition to practical experience, you should have in-depth knowledge of theory, including: relative merits of data store types: relational, document, graph, columnar; lambda & kappa architectures; search, OLAP and other analysis; distributed computing concepts: CAP theorem, quorum election, ACID vs BASE, data parallelism, etc.
Although we are a leading "fintech" company, a background in financial services is not necessary, so don't be put off applying if you have relevant skills from another sector.
As a Java Hadoop & Apache Spark Developer you will be responsible for:
- Building innovative, outstanding software that meets business requirements and exceeds non-functional expectations.
- Ensuring the team meets the technical output requirements and applicable standards including test coverage.
- Working closely with the Technical Architects and the Project Manager to ensure that the software meets delivery time frames and architectural vision.
- Deep understanding of relevant technical skills, coupled with desire to be involved with defining technical standards and best practices for the development team
- Work cooperatively with user experience designers where appropriate.
- Support QA testers (we have some of the best QA Testers in the business) and amend defects throughout the project lifecycle.
This is an exciting time as we look to the future - you could be part of a growing organisation, dedicated to providing expertise to deliver market leading compliance solutions to clients in the Financial Services sector. This is a chance to join a forward thinking, people focused business where your career can flourish.
Java Developer | Hadoop | Spark | Software Developer | Senior Software Engineer | Developer | Senior Java Developer | Software Engineer | Java | Apache Samza Apache Storm | Oracle | SQL | Scala | OOA | TDD | BDD | AWS | Azure | Bitbucket | Jenkins | Sonar | Maven | Jenkins | big DataEssential Requirements:
- Masters Computer Science degree or similar.
- Deep understanding of the following technologies (as many as possible)
- Data processing tools: Apache Spark, Apache Flink, Apache Samza Apache Storm
- Hadoop ecosystem: HDFS, Pig, Hive, YARN, Zookeeper, Drill, Impala
- Data store types, eg relational: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server; columnar: Cassandra, Vertica, Druid; document & K-V: Mongo, Riak, Reddis; big table: HBase
- Search: Elastic Search, Lucene
- Strong core Java and/or Scala
- BI & data visualisation, eg: Tableau, Qlik, OLAP cubes, Pentaho
- Thorough understanding of development best practice, OOA, design patterns, GoF, MVC, etc
- Experience with TDD, BDD, Agile Methodologies (Scrum, Lean), JUnit, TestNG
- Deep passion for producing brag worthy applications.
- True interest in technology with an obvious focus on continually building and sharing knowledge.
- PhD Computer Science degree or similar.
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS and Azure.
- git, Bitbucket, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar.
- Akka, Play!, Reactive Streams.
- Functional programming.
For over 28 years we have been providing regulatory reporting and collateral management solutions to the financial services industry. Counting over 30 of the world's top 50 financial institutions among our clients,
We are headquartered in London and have offices in Europe (Frankfurt), New York and Asia Pacific (Hong Kong, Shanghai and Singapore), and representative offices in Atlanta, Cape Town, Sydney and Tokyo.
… And now we are in Birmingham.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"