Position: Java Developer (FTSE100 Company)
Location: West London (zone 3)
Start date: ASAP to 3 months
Role type: Permanent
Salary: £70-75K + Pension (8%) + Shares + Medical Insurance + Life Assurance + additional
Our client is an industry leading Plc organisation based in West London who require a Java Developer join an award winning dynamic team for a number of greenfield and existing projects. Applicants will need to have the requisite communication skills demanded by a Plc/blue-chip company.
The Role as Java Developer
You will be joining a team of talented developers that has a strong focus on customer centricity. You will get a chance to apply your knowledge and skills in both Greenfield and ongoing projects in an Agile environment that will enable the client to provide delightful betting experiences to our valuable customers.
The client considers itself a Tech company that provides solution in the gambling industry. It strives to set new benchmarks in product offering and fosters a culture of bringing those ideas to the fore. It is currently embarking on an aggressive project to move their event-driven microservice architecture to the near era of multi-active sites using technologies such as Kubernetes and CockroachDB.
- Work closely with Product Owner, Agile Coach, QA and development Unit members in an agile environment to collaborate and influence new development
- Design, develop and deploy different components with a focus on high availability, low latency and scalability
- Measure and evaluate features and system metrics to continuously improve user experience and service performance
- Develop systems using Java and JVM based technologies
- Be proactive, engage in collaborative work in a cross-functional team
The Java Developer candidate background
The client is seeking somebody who is innovative, dynamic, motivated and can work independently. You will have between 3-5 years of commercial experience of Java Development and need to be highly detail orientated.
In addition to excellent communication, collaboration and people management skills, you should possess very good organisational skills, be a pragmatic person and highly focused on delivery. In addition, you should have the ability to work under pressure on multiple projects. The following technical skills are also required;
Must have experience in design and development of distributed, scalable and highly available systems (SOA preferably in Microservices design pattern, Event Driven Architecture)
- Strong knowledge in Java/J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, JPA, REST, Enterprise Integration Pattern
- Experience with relational databases and key-value stores
- Good understanding in application server such as Glassfish and Jetty
- An advocate of different agile methodologies: Scrum, Kanban, TDD, BDD, Continuous delivery
- Desirable: Maven, Hudson/Jenkins/GO, Subversion/Git, Linux, Gaming background
- Personal Attributes: Motivate and mentor co-workers, proactively share knowledge & ideas, rapidly obtain information to solve the problem, ask for help in a timely manner when needed, and always stay calm and composed under stress
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this Java Developer (FTSE100 Company) role then please apply now!