Location: London, central-ish. Zone 2/3.
Rate: £450 - £525 Per day (DoE & skill set - open on experience level)
Duration: Through until the end of June 2018, then potential for more (3 month rolling)
Keywords: Java Developer, Java Software Engineer, Java 7, Java 8, Spring Boot, Docker, AWS, Agile, Scrum, Microservices Architecture, Maven, Apache Kafka, EC2, ECS, Jenkins, Swagger, GiT, contract, London.,
Experienced Java Developer required to join existing project team, working on large scale technology refresh project, built in modern Java 8, AWS, Microservices, Spring boot & associated technologies.
You'll be joining an experienced contractor Java Development team working on a large programme of work; this is one of the main project streams for the client.
Multi-million pound budgets, private sector (clearly outside of IR35) & new web application builds in Java 8 with AWS & Microservices Architecture.
Overall technology stack includes numerous things, but in the main we would like to see:
- Java 8, Spring framework; utilising Spring Boot quite heavily, so that would be good, but not essential.
- AWS experience (ECS, EC2, AWS SQS Messaging great too)
- Microservices Architecture experience highly desirable
- Docker for containerisation. At least a basic level of understanding / experience. Although most has been set up now.
- Apache Kafka (Streams, Connect) this is only a nice to have, but desirable. Other Message Broker technology will be fine too; RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Apache Camel etc.
- Git, Jenkins, Maven & Agile experience
- Open source & NoSQL; CassandraDb, MongoDb etc.
Due to this being work on client site - we would need people who can communicate well, work in an Agile environment (small, lean teams) & in general speak from time to time with business users (although we have Product Owners & PM's for that, but still...) having said that - this environment & culture are most certainly not corporate / suit wearing / Banking....
Pop me over your CV for review.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job