Your New Job Title: JAPANESE spkg Back Office Support (Loan Admin/Treasury and Accounting)
Your New Salary: GBP 30,000
Status: Permanent/ Full-time
Location: City of London
The Skills you'll need each day:
Back office, loan, credit, risk, loan transactions, treasury, Accounting, Tax
Who you'll be working for:
Japanese Financial institution. You will support back office function, mainly loan administration and treasury, accounting tax.
What you'll be doing each day:
1) Loan Facility Administration
- Reviews loan facility agreements and related documents & forms for facility administration purposes, liaising with the front office as required;
- Prepares reports and completes forms relating to facility administration;
- Works in association with the front and back offices;
- Contacts clients (borrowers) for loan facility administration purposes;
- Communicates with the parent company on risk funded participation arrangements relating to facility administration;
- Liaise with third-party service provider to maintain and update EUC for facility administration purposes;
- Drafts, update and manages policies and manuals relating to facility administration, including the loan manuals and the relevant forms;
- Handles corporate documents and other ad hoc duties as requested by the CFO.
2) Treasury, Accounting & Tax
- Monitors bank accounts (including security custody accounts) and records cash books, reconciles them on a daily basis for the purpose of management of expenses and liquidity risks.
- Prepares and maintains relevant reports and schedules relating cash management
- Operates whole settlement process of loan transactions, including preparation of relevant requests for approval, notices to external parties and banking instructions.
- Prepares banking instructions for daily expenses
- Liaises with banks on daily transactions and management of online banking facilities.
- Support the CFO on management of liquidity facilities provided by banks
- Liaises with the relevant HQ’s departments in relation to accounting and loan booking transactions.
- Controls the vault management and the petty cash & post stamps.
- Prepares FX rate information.
- Prepares journal entries for daily transactions.
- Creates periodical expense reports to parent company; calculates and prepares invoices for service fee to charge parent company based on monthly expenses
- Prepares monthly management accounts for the company.
- Supports the CFO on annual financial reports and a quarterly consolidated financial report package for parent company.
- Monitors withholding tax exemptions schedules and necessary procedures including preparation of DTTP2 form.
- Prepares quarterly VAT returns and annual adjustment in collaboration with tax advisor; liaises with tax advisor on various ad hoc issues related to VAT.
- Supports the CFO on the management of taxes including corporation tax and personal income tax.
- Prepares internal approval documents for all area of responsibility
- Regularly updates manuals.
- Covers and supports other staff in back office and facility administration office under instructions of CFO
- Perform any other duties as required, upon consultation with the CFO
- Calculates and prepares invoices for service fee to charge parent company based on monthly expenses
- Prepares annual financial reports for the CFO and a quarterly consolidated financial report (using Excel spread sheets).
- Calculates corporate tax for quarterly instalment payments and filing of annual return, in collaboration with tax advisor.
- Prepares capital adequacy assessment reports based on monthly/semi-annual financials
The skills you need to succeed:
- The knowledge and skill to use Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint are considered essential.
- Experience gained with a Japanese company
- Mother tongue standard Japanese and English highly fluent is essential.
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.