World's leading Fire Detection manufacturer in Surrey is looking to recruit for the role of Japanese speaking Junior Product Manager.
Hours : either 8am~4pm or 9am ~5pm with 1 hour unpaid lunch
Salary range : £30K~£40K dependant on experience and qualifications.
Main Purpose of the Job :
A junior role within the Product Management department. To join an existing team and provide support to Product Marketing department. To coordinate and work with all Departments, including product planning and liaison with HQ in Japan in support of the global NPI Processes. To assist with or take ownership of other Marketing and Sales support functions dependant on level of knowledge and experience.
Personal Profile :
The ideal candidate would be a technology graduate with 1-5 years relevant post-graduation work experienceand a high level of Japanese language skills.
- Degree level, Electronic/Electrical engineering or a similar Technical related subject.
- High level of written and verbal communications skills in both English and Japanese
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Full driving licence and the ability to travel within the UK at short notice is essential.
- Occasional pre-planned overseas travel may also be required
- Strong self-motivation and ability to take ownership of tasks with minimum supervision.
- Good time management with ability to multitask, prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams in an international organisation to efficiently deliver products to the market.
- A firm foundation in Social Media & website content management, preferably with hands on experience of posting Social media and website content.
- 1-5 years previous experience working in a similar industry/manufacturing environment preferable.
- Knowledge of Product Roadmap planning and New Product Introduction process.
- Analytical skills to research and confidence to produce reliable and quantifiable data for decision making.
- To be able to gather and understand business requirements and translate these into product strategy,including technical requirements, and communicate these clearly in both English and Japanese.
Duties and Responsibilities:Product Planning
- Reach and maintain a good technical understanding of the company products and those of competitors.
- To undertake competitor product comparison analysis. Clearly communicate technical pros & cons of competitor product to engineering dept plus define in more general terms what these features may mean to the customer to allow Sales & Marketing to create counter arguments.
- Produce and analyse relevant statistics, size of market, penetration, volume of sales and trends to produce policy recommendations for future activities.
- To plan new product development by analysing strengths and weaknesses of the company’s products and competitor products, exploring market trends and customer needs, whilst justifying future development of products and presenting findings to management for consideration.
- To maintain a close relationship with HQ and liaise on NPD project planning including initial concept and commercial justification, design brief, ongoing product development and production requirements
- Liaise with HQ and factory engineering department to resolve product cost and product development issues
- Support General Manager with marketing activities including trade exhibitions plus creation of marketing literature and adverts.
- Creation of Social Media & Website content
- Manage customer communication contact database
- Report to General Manager on a weekly and monthly basis your activities and plans for the period.
*** Access Appointments Consultancy Ltd is a recruitment agency based in London.
Please note that we’re afraid that we may not be able to provide feedbacks on individual CVs due to the high volume of applications we receive, .
Also we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation such as passport/visas when required.
Thank you for your time and cooperation***
- Advanced Excel
- Driving Licence
- Japanese Language Proficiency Test
- Degree level, Electronic/Electrical engineering or a similar Technical