We are working on a great opportunity for an experienced, Japanese speaking Paralegal to join a well established and successful IP specialist law firm.
You will be working in a well-regarded team, and this role will allow you to undertake a wide range of duties, working with some of the best known brands currently on the market. A critical aspect of this role is to provide Japanese language support and advice to the business development team.
As you will be assisting the attorneys with all manner of fee earning and PA/administrative tasks, this is a crucial role to ensure the smooth running of the firm as a whole.
Your duties will include the following, but you can expect much more in what is sure to be a busy and interesting role!
- Providing support and advice in relation to business development matters in the Japan region
- Conducting research and presenting your findings to fee earners
- Responding to queries on behalf of the team
- Preparing official documentation, including forms for filing at the UK, European and International IP offices
- Diary, travel and database management
- Billing matters
- Monitoring and assisting with renewals
- Liaising with colleagues and external clients on miscellaneous matters
Previous experience working as a Patent and/or Trade Mark Paralegal is essential for this role, as is a thorough understanding of the Japanese language and culture. You will also be able to demonstrate first-class written and spoken English language skills, IT skills and a flexible attitude to approaching your work.
The salary on offer is commensurate with the level of experience the firm is looking for, and on top of this you will have access to a great benefits package.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch to find out more about this exciting and unusual opportunity!
- Japanese language
- intellectual property
- IP Paralegal