Japanese Speaking Business Development Officer
Our client is a young and actively growing EC solutions company. Currently strong in North America and EMEA markets, they are striving to grow in the APAC market and would like to focus on Japan. The company is now looking for a Business Development Officer, a Japanese and English bilingual, to join their team in order to make their first venture out to Japan.
This is an ideal position for someone who wants to quickly gain experience working in a fast-paced sales and marketing environment. The role is new, so you will have the ability to shape it and drive the company’s work in the Japanese market.
More specifically, expect to be tasked with:
- Building a pipeline of companies across Japanese manufacturers, including sourcing the right contacts
- Working with Business Development and Marketing teams to develop approaches and content to effectively target these companies
- Engaging with relevant prospect contacts, giving compelling business cases for the company’s service and signing prospects up to free trials, with aim of future conversion to paying clients
- Ensuring accurate tracking of sales pipeline, reporting progress at all stages
- Support with on-line training and delivery of initial insight assessment
- Proficiency (written/verbal) in Japanese (JLPT N1 level or higher)
- At least 4 years of experience in Sales or Marketing roles (or both)
- Solid understanding of Japanese culture and Japanese consumers’ needs
- Ability and desire to work across a range of sales and marketing disciplines
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multitask to prioritise and manage workflow
- Strong attention to detail and ability to effectively engage with prospective clients
- Continued drive to exceed expectations and goals, always aiming higher
- Relevant experience (see above) in IT/Tech or FMCG sector
- Some experience of working/living in Japan
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
- Previous experience in selling tech solutions to manufacturers or brands
Japanese: Proficiency is a must (approx. JLPT N1 or higher)
English: Business level fluency
- Free lunch for employees
- Competitive bonus and incentive system
- Paid leave as standard
- Health insurance
- Pension scheme
Maidenhead (30 mins by train from Paddington)
Parking space provided if commuting by car.
Mon - Fri, TBC (starting earlier than 9am to cover more of working hours in Japan)
Candidate must be eligible to work in the UK without any restrictions as no visa support will be provided. Unfortunately, Tier 5 (YMS) visa holders will not be eligible for this position.
- Business Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"