Japan Travel Consultant
£19-21k + uncapped commission OTE £25k
Gerrard McCall are currently recruiting on behalf of a dynamic, award-winning destination specialist company who are currently seeking Travel Consultants with an infectious passion for Japan!
Specialising in small group tours and tailored packages, they offer exciting and creative tours in Japan, catering to a variety of travellers and agents. The specialist team have all lived or travelled extensively in Japan and so offer the very best in tailor-made service.
If you have spent time in Japan, have some Japanese language skills and love talking about the region, this may be the job for you! This is a fast paced and rewarding role in a friendly and exciting company!
This is a specialist sales position. You will be responsible for designing and selling Japan holiday packages and for ensuring customers have the best possible Japan holiday experience. You will need to meet sales targets whilst providing the highest levels of customer service. There will be opportunities for research travel to Japan to aid your understanding of the country and to improve your product knowledge.
- Designing, creating and selling individually tailored packages and small group tours of Japan
- Responding to customer enquiries by e-mail and telephone
- Working to achieve specific sales targets, both individually and as a team
- Selling to both direct customers and travel agents
- Researching, developing and improving our huge range of products and services
- Promoting our products and services, both to direct customers and travel agents
- Preparing and sending out brochures, travel documents and tickets
- General office duties and other admin duties that may arise from time to time
You will need to demonstrate:
- Experience of living and working in Japan (or significant time spent in Japan)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail - You must be able to accurately perform detail orientated tasks
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills; this role can be both demanding and challenging
- An ability to concentrate on a task for an extended period
- Core IT skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- A passion for Japan as a travel destination and the desire to help others discover the country
- Basic Japanese language skills
The following skills/experience will be advantageous:
- Experience of working within the travel industry
- Extensive travel experience in Japan
- Sales experience
- Intermediate/advanced Japanese language skills
- Experience of travelling in Indochina
- Intermediate/advanced IT skills
Please apply now with your full CV and cover letter.
- Customer Service
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job