Simply Supply are currently working with a lovely school in Andover and they have an opportunity for an experienced Key Stage 1 teacher to join their Year 1 team from January 2018, full time for one term.
Applicants must have previous experience and knowledge of the Key Stage 1 curriculum and be willing to undertake full teaching responsibilities for this role. They are two form entry in lower school so you will have the support of colleagues.
They require candidates to have:
- A secure knowledge of the relevant subject(s) and curriculum areas, to foster and maintain pupils' interest in the National Curriculum, RE, and Collective Worship and address misunderstandings
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of developments in the subject and curriculum areas, and promote the value of scholarship, British Values and SMSC
- Demonstrate an understanding of and take responsibility for promoting high standards of literacy, articulacy and the correct use of standard English, whatever the teacher's specialist subject
- In teaching early reading, demonstrate a clear understanding of systematic synthetic phonics
- If teaching early mathematics, demonstrate a clear understanding of appropriate teaching strategies
- Teach the Hampshire Agreed Syllabus for RE 'Living Difference' and plan, lead and participate in acts of worship
In addition to this, you will:
- Promote a love of learning and children's intellectual curiosity
- Set appropriate homework and plan out-of-class activities to consolidate and extend the knowledge and understanding pupils have acquired, including e-learning such as Bug Club and Mathletics
- Have clear rules and routines for behaviour in classrooms, and take responsibility for promoting good and courteous behaviour both in classrooms and around the school, in accordance with the school's behaviour policy
- Have high expectations of behaviour, and establish a framework for discipline with a range of strategies, using praise, sanctions and rewards consistently and fairly
- Manage classes effectively, using approaches which are appropriate to pupils' needs in order to involve and motivate them
- Maintain good relationships with pupils, exercise appropriate authority and act decisively where necessary
If you are looking for a short contract for one term, are keen to teach a lovely Year 1 class in a supportive school in Andover and are available from January 2018 - please contact us today on and speak to Maddie Humphrey on our Primary Division.
- Primary Teacher
- KS1 Teacher
- Early Years Teacher
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job