A Research Director in the IT Service Management area will apply broad knowledge of IT service management processes and people issues such as implementation and IT organizational challenges. Additionally there will be a focus on related technologies. This position will provide advice to clients on best practices for optimizing IT service management, improving organizational maturity, and evaluating and selecting technologies and tools.
In this role, you will:
- Research and gather data in support of analysis and position development in areas related to IT service management
- Perform research by reading, networking with clients, industry contacts, vendors and analysts, and by evaluating and analysing information.
- Participate in research meetings, and conduct interviews, surveys, and reviews of statistical analysis.
- Create specified written research in fulfilment of Gartner's commitment to clients and as defined in annual job commitments
- Respond to client inquiries as required, providing individualized advice to user or vendor clients
- Define, lead and conduct client audio teleconferences.
- Present at multiple conferences as an industry expert.
- Provide sales support by speaking to prospective and existing clients by telephone and through face-to-face sales calls.
- Take press calls relevant to research expertise areas to promote the Gartner brand.
- 15 plus years of experience working within technology field.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent certification in related field; Masters preferred.
- Significant applicable knowledge of IT service management as it relates to small, medium and large organizations.
- Specific knowledge of IT Service Management (ITSM) best practices and key supporting processes.
- Strong understanding of metrics and reporting relating to the IT service management
- Proven understanding of ITIL concept and primary process
- Certification in ITIL or other service management related framework or model
- Exposure to DevOps or other agile methodologies
- Strong communicator who is able to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply.
- Credibility to represent Gartner research methodology and strategies effectively at a senior level.
- A strong team working ethos.
- Experience in supporting, implementing and/or assessing organizational maturity assessment.
- Proven Project Management skills.