ITIL Service Desk Manager
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
We require candidates with proven ITIL service desk managerial experience.
Responsibilities Service Desk:
- Running the service desks in line with ITIL Standards and the published dispatcher process for the allocation of support tickets to the engineering team
- Ensure all new tickets received are entered correctly in line with documentation.
- Ensuring all tickets are dispatched in order to meet the required SLAs
- Ensure the correct process is followed by all involved throughout the lifetime of the ticket and correct statuses are used throughout
- Responsible for the prioritising of tickets based on their severity and the customers SLAs
- Ensure the customer has confirmed their satisfaction with the work supplied before setting the ticket as Complete.
- Responsible for the workload of engineers, ensuring they are kept busy with waiting tickets and that helpdesk procedures are followed at all times
- Be the first point of contact for all incoming phone calls, logging new tickets and updating customers on the progress of on-going tickets.
- Have sufficient 1st line support knowledge to be able to answer questions raised on tickets and to ask relevant questions to ensure he engineer has all the information required before assigning the ticket.
- Responsible for the scheduling of engineers for site visits when required
- Produce end of day reports on service stats and service status
Responsibilities Office Management:
- Creating and delivery of non-project quotes in-line with written processes and procedures
- Manage employees’ time keeping and attendance and provide reporting where required
- Manage employees’ performance and progression and assist the Senior management in staff appraisals and target setting when required
- Approve staff holiday requests to ensure the helpdesk remains suitably staffed at all times and as current work load requires
- Manage office petty cash float to ensure normal sundry items are available
- Deal with and manage 3rd party suppliers to ensure best value for money and continuity of service is delivered
- Be the point of escalation for customers’ complaints and concerns, working with senior management to manage the customers’ expectations through to resolution
- Provide occasional PA services to the MD and senior management staff where required
- Administer the company’s Health and Safety requirements to maintain compliance
Personal Attributes for the ITIL Service Desk Manager:
The candidate should have experience of the following:
- Must display a high level of organisational skills whilst under pressure
- Must be assertive and confident
- Must have excellent customer-facing skills and enjoy telephone interaction
- Must have a high attention to detail and be able to follow a published procedure consistently
- Display the ability to multi-task
- Obtain a high level of ability with computer applications and be able to pick up new information quickly
Remuneration for the ITIL Service Desk Manager
In return for the above you will receive a good salary of £35-40K per annum plus 25 days paid holiday (including Bank holidays) along with incentives to earn up to another 12 days holiday a year.
A friendly and flexible working environment with home working options after 6 months service.