Our client, a Lloyd's Broker with offices in the heart of the London insurance market, are seeking an Insurance Technician to join their small team.
They are an Italian focused business and therefore fluency in Italian is essential for this role.
As Broker Support, you will be involved in cross class non marine business, providing technical support and assisting in the general development of technical documentation and processes. This position will have the opportunity to grow into a broking role.
• Assisting the line manager in daily tasks and office management
• Support broking staff with day-to-day relationships with underwriters
• Support broking stuff with daily relationships with clients
• Preparation and issuance of offers to clients and the Lloyd's Italian Office
• Preparation of referrals, broking documents, tender offers
• Preparation and issuance of individual declarations and cover notes to clients
• Negotiate and liaise with underwriters in placing risks when required
• Wording analysis to present to underwriters
• Advice to clients with regard to the insurance products offered
• Assistance to clients with regard to specific terms and conditions to discuss with underwriters
• Operating insurance software and ensure all risks are logged and all fields populated.
• Submission of premium payments on Xchanging
• Use of Atlas
• Submitting paid and written bordereau to underwriters
• Drafting of slips and endorsements for Binding Authorities and Lineslip
• Observance of market reform developments to apply to insurance documents
• Maintain awareness of relevant external and internal regulatory developments, current market practice and initiatives to ensure opportunities and threats are acted upon
• Liaising with compliance officers and consultants
• Adherence to Group Policies and Procedures
• Peer review and cross checking in respect of individual files
• Assistance to claims manager and claims processing when required
• Support senior brokers in maintaining positive client relationships
Italian - Written and Verbal
Some experience gained in a front end technical role within a Lloyd's broking house is highly advantageous, however should the candidate be fluent in Italian and have some general insurance related experience they will be considered
Be able to manage own workload
This position is offering the opportunity to progress and grow along with the company itself.