Are you an experienced and motivated IT professional? If so our client are now recruiting for an IT Windows Infrastructure Engineer and are looking for individuals just like you!
Established in 2007, our client offer solutions in the personal finance market and strive to offer customers a better way to shop for loans. They believe that their people are their most important asset and that their people are what makes the business tick.
Due to continued success and business growth, our client are now looking to add an IT Windows Infrastructure Engineer to join their rapidly expanding team in Manchester, offering great benefits & incentives. This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy department within a growing organisation. This is a full-time permanent role, working 40 hours per week.
What can we do for you?
- Up to £40,000 per annum DOE
- 40 hours per week
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Healthcare plan
- Life Assurance
- Salary Extras
- Workplace pension
IT Windows Infrastructure Engineer Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Head of Technical Operations, you’ll work to ensure the stable operation of our client’s technical systems and associated networks. This role includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimising various types of virtualisation, server, storage and network hardware, software and communication links. You will also be responsible for:
- Provide support and improve capabilities in the fields of connectivity, virtualisation, server software, hardware, messaging, storage, networking and firewall configuration.
- Implementing technology to provide highly available infrastructure.
- Network Management, including VLAN design and management, load balancer and firewall installation, configuration and management.
- Microsoft Active Directory and sharepoint administration, management and maintenance.
- Administration of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- VM setup and management of hyper-v and Xenserver software
- Responsible for ongoing capacity management
- Ensure system availability targets are met through capacity, business continuity and disaster recovery planning, design, implementation and management.
- Act as an escalation point for IT service desk, business users and executive directors.
- Provide detailed documentation or reports on issues, projects and new initiatives.
- Ownership of high profile incidents and problems through to resolution.
- Assist 1st/2nd line support in resolving end user hardware and software computer problems.
The ideal IT Windows Infrastructure Engineer:
In order to be successful for this role, you will need extensive experience in IT infrastructure design, build and support, network hardware and LAN/WAN architecture. You will also need to possess:
- Strong understanding of common Internet protocols and applications (SMTP, DNS, NTP, SFTP, HTTP, SSH, SNMP etc.)
- Extensive hands on support experience of Microsoft Server 2012/16, Windows 7/10.
- SQL Server 08/12/16.
- Maintenance and administration of PABX and call centre technologies
- Office 365 administration
- Backup and replication software installation, configuration and management skills
- Anti-virus, anti-malware and security related software management
- Advanced Microsoft Active Directory administration and management skills
- ITIL based Operations Management experience
- Have a clear understanding or Role Based Access Control and securing server infrastructure
- Excellent hands on knowledge installing, managing and using remote access tools and software clients
- Set-up and maintenance of Monitoring solutions (e.g. PRTG, Zabbix, Nagios)
- Linux Server Operating System Administration
This position would greatly suit someone who is passionate about technology, able to function as part of a team and able to take ownership of their work under pressure.
If you are looking for your next challenge as an IT Windows Infrastructure Engineer then our client want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
- Software Engineer
- Windows Engineer