IT Transition Programme Manager Operations
Connect2Luton are excited to recruit a IT Transition Programme Manager - Operations on behalf of Luton Borough council.
Purpose of position:
During an interim transition period of up to 18months, lead the Operations Workstream of the ICT Insource Programme for Luton Borough Council IT Services. Reporting to the Technology Service Director, day-to-day activities to include:
- Lead a project work stream that works collaboratively with the existing ITS services provider and the internal LBC IT Client team in planning and managing the safe transfer of staff to Luton.
- Development of an initial operating model that places retained and transferred staff into an effective management structure.
- No ongoing line management responsibilities
- Responsible for upskilling current LBC staff with a view that they can become owners for the duties and responsibilities outlined in this job description, or tha emerge as part of the initial operating model.
- Work with external 3rd parties in the development of the plans
- Work with LBC central procurement to ensure that any procurement of new products and/or services is conducted as per the council's policies.
- Support the Technology Service Director with the technical costs and approaches in the development of a future Final Business Case to be authorised by the Executive.
- Once a Termination Deed is signed with the external provider, lead the TUPE of staff that will sit in the Support and Operations capability from the provider into the council.
- Working collaboratively and with support from LBC HR services develop a change programme to integrate the staff into the council and understand the change to the ways of working from a commercial service provider to being an internal resource to the council.
- Review current working practices to see if any change be improved during transition in preparation for the service to go live in the council.
- Oversee the delivery of a number of project deliverables in the following areas:
- Integration of staff terms and conditions, including job evaluations.
- Creating an establishment and recruiting to fill vacancies within it.
?Own the overall migration strategy and TUPE of staff required to in-source the currently outsourced IT capabilities within Support & Operations to Luton
?Maintain a strategic change and programme management focus to ensure that the future Support & Operations solutions and services effectively underpin and contribute to the delivery of the technology strategy.
?Proactively upskill LBC permanent staff by creating a supportive environment for team members to excel at their roles and develop their careers within the service and wider organisation beyond the transition period.
?Manage partners, and drive initiatives to review and recommend initiatives to improve service and secure savings.
?Proactively manage the overall IT support function, including desktop support and application management functions to ensure a reliable and smooth support experience for our customers and service users.
?Take a leading role at all stages of support & operations improvements/implementation, ensuring the right resources are available when needed, keeping colleagues fully informed throughout and ensuring all designs and solutions are appropriately documented.
?Facilitate and enable the shaping of the future service desk offering across Luton Council. This may involve working with external partners alongside building an internal capability for this. Introducing, implementing and operating best practice and evolving ways of working to take advantage of improved technologies.
Skills and Experiences:
- Experience of working with a Technology and/or IT Leadership team to deliver organisational change
- Experience in upskilling and developing team members by creating a supportive environment for career development
- Experience of managing and delivering successful outcomes across a diverse infrastructure modernisation and transformation projects
- Experience of successfully managing people through a TUPE process, being empathetic to their concerns
- Able to convey importance of Technical Operations management to the organisation and you can convey this importance to stakeholders at all levels with non-technical language
- Able to build successful relationships with existing teams across Luton Council to ensure transferred team are welcomed into the organisation
- In depth understanding and operational knowledge of digital government, ITSM frameworks and ITIL4
- Understanding of cloud and hybrid-cloud adoption frameworks, 'Well-Architected' and other recognised cloud architecture frameworks across the core cloud platforms of Microsoft Azure, AWS and GCP
- Relevant Project or ITIL certifications
Luton Borough Council have partnered with Kent County Council to create Connect2Luton, a recruitment managed service for all contingent temporary agency, contract, and interim roles at the Council.
Our heritage and being local government owned which means we have a wealth of knowledge and expertise within the public sector, with many of our employees having previously worked for the Council or have supplied previously into the Council, for several years.
We are an equal opportunities employment agency and business that positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Connect2Luton, part of Luton Borough Council & Kent Commercial Services LLP, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'