My client are a utilities provider, who operate provide electricity to over 16,000 properties throughout London & South East. Their procurement function is one of only eleven companies to have a Platinum Award from CIPs and as a business they have been voted the top 10 for best companies to work for on numerous occasions. This role will entail working within a team of 50 and will report into the Procurement Category Manager.
Role and responsibilities:
- To aim to safely engage and work throughout our business and beyond in a manner that embraces our values and aspirations
- Help provide the category management strategy, in consideration of overall corporate procurement and corporate strategy
- Manage specific category portfolio, including developing the category sourcing strategy, the selection of suppliers and contractual terms best suited to the category
- Maximise the value, measured through a range of indicators, from contractual arrangements utilising the effective development of contract strategies, contract development and lifecycle management, updating and informing on contract information
- Maximise the effectiveness of category management by promoting the optimisation of the vendor database based upon value and risk mitigation
- Manage new technology and knowledge management for the category portfolio
Experience and requirements:
- Achieve or working towards CIPS qualification or equivalent
- Educated to degree level with focus on procurement, engineering or business studies.
- Previous ownership of the cradle-to-grave procurement lifecycle for multi-million pound sourcing projects
- Ability to engage with senior partners
- Working knowledge of industry standard contracts, i.e. NEC3 suit with experience of contract drafting.
- Strong commercial experience
- Experience in a procurement role within an engineering, construction or contractor environment
- Relevant category experience - IS Services
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'