The business wants all of its employees to feel valued, appreciated and free to be who they are at work.
The role of IT / Technology Category Buyer will support the projects of their defined area of spend, working alongside peers and being guided by the Category Manager for complex procurement exercises that includes high risk or high value spend. This can include contracts such as Software, Hardware, Information and Communications Technology.
This is a leading Yorkshire based business.
* Build a strategy and an action plan to achieve significant initial cost reductions and year-over-year cost improvements
* Communicate and implement the category strategy and the action plans to the purchasing function and key internal business stakeholders
* Prioritise and lead strategic negotiations with vendors
* Perform regular RFI's, RFP's, e-Biddings, e-auctions, benchmark analysis, Search for creative approaches to reduce the cost base
* Contribute to the IT / Technology category teams' targets (e.g. savings, supplier reduction, contract management, free cash flow)
* Proactively liaise with and support major projects and complex deals, validate and approve specified supplier quotes
* 3-5 years' purchasing experience with experience in negotiating IT contract agreements
* Hands-on experience of negotiating complex contractual agreements in a multi-dimensional relationship
* Capability to build and defend strong financial and business case models
* Experience in dealing with some of the major Software vendors (Microsoft, IBM, SAP, VMware, BMC, Broadcom (CA Technologies), Oracle, ServiceNow, AWS etc) and an understanding of software licensing models
* Advance knowledge in Excel Soft skills required
* Proven partner management and relationship skills
* Project-minded with analytical skills
* Strong interpersonal skills: encouraging and diplomatic
* Autonomy with ability to collaborate within multi-cultural and cross functional virtual teams
* Proven ability to optimally prioritise and execute tasks in a fast paced environment is essential
* Strong people skills that enable leadership and help to gain the confidence of stakeholders
* Demonstrate ongoing commitment to achieve personal and team goals
* Excellent commercial acumen and negotiation skills
A challenging role including:
* Continuous learning and training opportunities
* Great opportunity for professional development in the procurement field
Previous experience as an IT / Technology Category Buyer, IT Procurement Officer, IT buyer, IT Senior Buyer, IT Contracts Officer or IT Contract Manager will be perfect!
£32,000 - £42,000
Gym on site
Free car parking
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Leeds, West Yorkshire
If you want to discuss this position in more detail, please call Carl Walker at Elevation Recruitment Group.
Elevation Recruitment Group's Procurement and Supply Chain division work with a vast range of business across Yorkshire and Humberside, Lincolnshire and East Midlands regions.
- Contract Management
- Network Design
- Vendor Management
- Contract Manager
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'