Are you an experienced and motivated Desktop Support Technician seeking a new opportunity in a fantastic company? Do you have proven experience supporting within an IT Technical Support role?
We are seeking two Desktop Support Technicians to join a busy IT department and maintain IT equipment across all various sites. You must have an IT qualification with proven work experience supporting a PC business environment using Microsoft products. You will be experienced in working in a service delivery culture and demonstrate a pro-active approach with excellent communication skills.
- To maintain and provide comprehensive support across the business in the UK.
- Back office administration including asset management and stock control, raising, updating and closing calls on the company system.
- Provision of all desktop resources to supply the business (Desktop, portables, printers, scanners etc)
- Delivery of projects and ad-hoc tasks as required
- Main 2nd line field support on the UK sites with the possibility to travel to France if requested.
- Oversee the installation, moving, configuration and support of the desktop ICT environment.
- To install and connect client based software for different networking solutions (LAN, WAN, WIFI etc.) at the required customer locations in the UK, be competent in troubleshooting network connectivity and user authentication problems in a desktop environment.
- Have a proven working knowledge of PC architecture, Microsoft operating systems XP, 7 & 10, business software packages including Office 365, MDM administration, SCCM deployment tool, Active Directory, EasyVista or similar ITSM tool.
- Build and maintain an effective professional relationship with internal end users, providing sustainable solutions to their requirements with the ability to work under constraints and pressure whenever necessary.
- Demonstrate good communication skills and working within a team, capable of working independently however using a wide, ever evolving range of business materials and products.
- Resolve problems using own initiative, escalating situations where appropriate to colleagues and suppliers, reproducing faults, carry out diagnostics, investigation and deployment of solutions, documenting and publication of findings to share this knowledge within the service delivery team in both UK and France.
- Be able to adapt and take initiatives by using skills and knowledge to provide complete solutions to technical problems with the aid of IT provided tools and established procedures.
- Approach difficult situations in a methodical, well organised manner.
- Must have first class communication skills and ability to liaise effectively with end users, a service delivery culture and ability to work productively on own initiative. A proactive intervention approach and self-motivation are essential qualities in this working environment where many contacts and internal customers are not in close proximity.
A Full UK (manual) driving licence is essential.
A current Microsoft Windows certification is advantageous.
French spoken language is advantageous, but not compulsory.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975.
Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.