KESS Insurance Recruitment are working with a large insurance organisation who require the services of an IT Technician offering 1st Line Support. We are looking for a technically skilled candidate with good problem-solving ability.
My client is a very forward thinking technology led insurance organisation and this role is expected to be fast paced and exciting with progression opportunities due to the current growth of the company.
The duties of an IT Technician include being a reference point for all IT related queries at the user level, responding to user needs in a timely manner and ensuring the optimal running of all systems, among other technical duties.
Day to day duties of this role will include:
- Installing and configuring hardware and software components to ensure usability.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Ensuring electrical safety standards are met.
- Repairing or replacing damaged hardware.
- Upgrading the entire system to enable compatible software on all computers.
- Installing and upgrading all software, including anti-virus software to ensure security at the user level.
- Performing tests and evaluations on new software and hardware.
- Providing support to users and being the first point of contact for error reporting.
- Establishing good relationships with all departments and colleagues.
- Managing technical documentation.
- Identify priorities and work to be undertaken throughout the business.
- Keep the IT Manager informed of progress and outstanding issues.
- Where possible, repair broken IT equipment on the spot.
- Ensure any leased equipment such as printers, are running correctly and to report any issues to the supplier as required.
- If necessary, report items for repair under guarantee, within maintenance contract or through other means to the necessary supplier.
- Security mark new equipment and ensure existing equipment is marked.
- Keep an up to date audit of devices and update when new equipment as acquired.
- Adjust access and rights of users, reset passwords and general user management.
- To carry out such particular duties as may from time to time be reasonably assigned by the IT Manager.
- Liaise with any third parties for support issues and open cases.
If this position interests you please send a copy of your CV to KESS Insurance Recruitment using the links provided, once received on the the team at KESS Insurance recruitment will be in touch.
- Line Support
- Technical Support
- 1st Line
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'