IT Technician - 1st/2nd Line Support
Must drive due to the location - outskirts of York (York postcode)
An IT Technician opportunity has arisen within a fast paced and growing company based in York. As IT Technician you will have strong 1st and 2nd line service desk experience and good knowledge of Windows 7 & 10, Office 2013, Exchange and Active Directory. This IT Technician role will require you to support a variety of users up to board level over the phone, remotely and desk side. You must have excellent communication skills.
Your role will be the first IT contact point for all users within the company and you will be required to support these users as a priority and log and manage calls via our helpdesk system. Monitoring systems and servers will also be an essential part of the role to ensure downtime is kept to a minimum. Interaction with end users as well as our suppliers will be essential.
As an IT Technician you will have the following skills:
- Previous 1st and 2nd line support experience (Minimum 1 year), with the willingness and ability to learn
- Exchange, PC Support, Active Directory,
- Windows 7, 8, 10
- Microsoft Office 2013
- Telephone Mitel experience would be an advantage
- Knowledge of networking infrastructures
- Experience of building PCs/ hardware
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to simplify communications (use of jargon) for end users
- Can work well under pressure
- Ability to work well as part of a team and individually
- Troubleshooting Printers, PC hardware, Software related issues
- Basic TCP/IP Networking skills
- Have experience in Imaging PC’s
Reporting to the Senior IT Administrator, the ideal candidate will be motivated and enthusiastic, having the ability to perform in a clear and methodical manner and under pressure. The role will provide fresh and varied challenges with great benefits and the right candidate will have the chance to develop their responsibilities within the business.
Due to the volume of applications we receive if you have not heard from the managing consultant within 1 week please assume you have not been short listed.
Kube Recruitment Solutions Ltd. is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request.
Kube Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting in the capacity of an Employment Agency for permanent appointments
- Service Desk
- Windows Xp
- Windows 7