My client are looking for an IT Technician to join their growing team to support the IT Manager on a day-to-day basis. As the IT Desktop Support your main duties will be to provide IT Support and general IT maintenance throughout the company.
• To provide first line IT support for office and factory (i.e. PC/Printer troubleshooting, logon issue) and maintain IT helpdesk.
• Provide day-to-day support for users of company computers and peripherals in a timely manner, but prioritise core tasks.
• To support the IT Manager on a day-to-day basis.
• Ensure completion of all tasks and projects defined by the IT Manager in a timely manner. Any outstanding issues or concerns must be highlighted immediately.
• To ensure back-ups are done daily as per data backup procedures.
• To undertake scheduled preventative printer and PC maintenance activities.
• Undertake scheduled asset reviews as designated by IT Manager.
• To provide the IT Manager with a weekly progress report detailing activities completed/outstanding.
• Undertake any other duties as may be required commensurate with the post.
Ideal knowledge required:
• Basic knowledge of Windows Server: Windows 2003/2008/2012/2016
• Understanding of printers and how to manage them.
• Basic Knowledge of Linux
• Experience of Office 2010/2013/2016 especially Microsoft Excel and outlook.
We are looking for a personable character with the ability to get on with people at all levels of the business.
Our Client are offering the following benefits:
• Salary: £17,000 to £19,000 per annum dependent on experience
• Hours of work: 37.5 hours (Mon-Thurs 8.00am-5.00pm, Fri 8.30am-12.00 noon
• Holidays: 25 days + 8 bank holiday
• Company pension and death in service cover
• Ample free parking
• There will be internal/external training and support for the right candidate
Our client are looking for someone who has a genuine interest in IT and has relevant experience in a similar role, should you have this then REPLY NOW with your up to date CV attached or call Victoria O’Connor on 01772 200843 for more information. We’re open Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5.30pm and the best time to call is before 9.30am or after 12pm.
Our client wishes to recruit for this role very quickly, therefore if you receive a missed call from us, please call back as soon as possible to not miss out on an opportunity.
Please note that due to high volumes received, only short listed candidates will be contacted for a first stage telephone interview.
Know anyone that may be interested? Reed pay £50s worth of shopping vouchers for successful referrals.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job