IT Technician, Manchester
Salary circa £30,000
We're helping a global business working with some of the worlds leading and most iconic brands, who now need to employ an IT Technician in their Manchester office. The successful candidate will be responsible for aspects of Information Technology related to Core Desktop, Productivity Applications, Servers and Networks. You will also be responsible for understanding client needs in order to provide technical development resources to best support the client. You will complete projects in a timely and efficient manner, and perform scheduled IT operational tasks.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing excellent service to internal and external clients.
- Install new systems, load applications, and conduct basic to intermediate troubleshooting.
- Provide support for Office applications, Email systems, File Delivery systems, etc.
- Provide hands-on support for routers, switches and servers.
- Collaborate with Enterprise IT on global standards and best practice.
- Provide assistance to Enterprise IT engineers for project and emergency work.
- Perform installations and upgrades of company hardware, software and data voice network systems per company and department guidelines.
- Provide technical support of multimedia conference rooms and their sub-systems.
- Strong technical support experience
- Excellent people, organisational, and analytical skills (including time management and attention to detail).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships across the organisation.
- Solid understanding of LAN/WAN concept, ability to install, configure and carry out basic troubleshooting
- Cabling and patch management to a high standard
- Microsoft Server
- AD, DNS, DHCP, Security & Administration
- Pro-active File Server Storage Management and administration
- Server Virtualisation Technology
- Experience with backup schedules and workflows
- Apple Desktop Support
- Remote user support
- Window PC
- Mobile device administration & support (IOS, Android)
Keen to hear from any experienced IT Technicians with strong experience with Macs, VMWare and Server Administration
Salary circa £30,000