Contract Type: Agency Temp
Salary: £10-12.50 per hour pay rate
Job Elements: -
· Reporting to the IT Manager, the IT Technician will be responsible for the day to day support of the IT systems, networks and supporting software.
· Installs, configures and maintains the network.
· Administers the network.
· Supports server systems and supporting software
· Assist in the implementation of the overall strategic goals of the network system.
· Works with minimal supervision.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Good understanding of: -
o LAN/WAN architecture including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS.
o Wireless LAN.
o Firewalls, VPN, Switches, Routers. (Cisco, Extreme networks).
o Microsoft Server 2008/2003 and Active Directory.
o Microsoft Exchange server 2010.
o Client connectivity
o Windows 7 and XP Pro.
o Microsoft Office products.
o Backup strategies.
· Basic understanding of ERP/MRP functions would be beneficial but not essential.
· Motivated, enthusiastic and trustworthy.
· Good general communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
· Drive and energy combined with ambition
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job