My client is a software development business based in the Teesside. They have an immediate requirement for an IT Support staff member capable of working on a broad range of different tasks. Previous experience is preferable, but not essential as training on company infrastructure will be provided.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, talented, methodical and independent candidate with strong communication and personal skills to join the business on a full-time basis.
- To manage all aspects of IT support services, including desktop pc`s, laptop pc`s, servers and the network.
- To perform and maintain the daily, weekly and monthly backups of systems.
- To maintain IT systems and software, ensuring they are kept up-to-date.
- To maintain a hardware and software inventory.
- To respond swiftly and efficiently to all user support queries.
- To troubleshoot and resolve any issues that arise on the desktop / network infrastructure as required.
- Ensuring a proper level of IT security and governance in conjunction with our ISO 9001 & 27001 Quality and Information Security standards.
- Ensure accurate completion of documentation, records and reports (e.g. IT and Software inventory) to ensure quality information provision.
- To manage the administration of the telephone system, involving extension number moves, patching and problem solving.
The ideal candidate will have experience with the following:
- Experience in IT troubleshooting, IT support, setup, user support, software / hardware support.
- Effective communication skills and overall a friendly, helpful, confident and organised individual.
- Ability to learn new technologies /software.
Beneficial but non-essential experience:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 and Active Directory
- VMware vSphere 5 virtual environments
- TCP/IP networking
- HP Blade servers and Lenovo PC Hardware
- Linux servers
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job