To support the rapid growth of their business our client is looking to appoint a Technical Support Engineer (2nd Line). Reporting to the Service Operations Manager the successful candidate will have practical experience working on customer facing service/help desks and enjoy working in a team handling technical and operational enquiries by email and telephone. There is also an onsite element to this role too.
The successful candidate must have good technical troubleshooting skills, be presentable and have passion for delivering an excellent support experience to clients .
The candidate will be ambitious to learn and looking to take their next step in their IT career
Key Duties and Responsibilities :
- Providing 2nd line technical support via helpdesk and onsite.
- Able to quickly identify and resolve common Windows desktop issues
- Manage, monitor and ensure the successful deployment of Windows updates and AD policies
- Troubleshoot and resolve Windows errors, network connectivity, printer and software issues.
- Setup and prepare equipment such as laptops, PC’s, printers, and other peripheral devices , ensuring that system are ready for use and operating correctly daily
- Perform hardware and software maintenance, when necessary
- Investigate Windows and software issues through diagnostic tools, Windows event viewer and online resources.
- Monitor, add and update IT helpdesk tickets
- Document all ticket resolution and follow up with all parties involved to ensure the problem was corrected to their satisfaction
- Create and maintains Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange accounts.
- Perform as needed, hardware and software upgrades to existing desktop equipment
- Perform routine server and internal network monitoring and performance benchmarking
- Manage computer operation scheduling, backup, storage and retrieval functions
- Monitor and remove virus, spyware and other non-authorised software
- Ensure VOIP maintenance - assign phone extensions and set up phones/headsets
- Ability to solve hardware/software problems locally and remotely
- Communicate thoroughly and timely all pertinent information to management.
- 2-4 years’ experience in IT Support role
- Highly motivated, positive, responsible, organised, quick learner and team player.
- Strong experience in Windows desktop support
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP and DNS.
- Experience of working with Microsoft SQL server 2008, 2012
- Knowledge and experience of working with Microsoft Exchange 2003 - 2015
- Good working knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and configuration
- Knowledge of PC and Server performance and optimal configuration
- Experience of managing firewalls, routers, switches and other network infrastructure
- Recognised qualification in IT; either a HE degree in computer related field, a relevant Microsoft qualification or vocational training from a certified provider.
- Microsoft qualifications in relation to administration or networks (MCSE, MCSA, MCITP)
- Knowledge of SANs
- Communication Skills
- 2nd Line
- Technical Engineering