IT Technical Specialist - Networks and Security.
IT Team. Welcome Break Support Centre
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits. Full Time.
We are currently recruiting for an IT Technical Specialist - Networks and Security. Welcome Break is an exciting, dynamic and successful organisation, managing Food, Retail, Hotels, Fuel and Gaming operations. Increasingly we’re using technology to drive and grow the business. You will be an individual with the skills, experience and dynamism to work with our business and IT Dept to monitor, manage, support and improve the infrastructure on which our key technologies depend, in order to help us to significantly grow our sales and profits.
About the Role.
This role will manage & improve Welcome Break’s -
- Network configuration, hardware suppliers.
- Security systems and suppliers (firewalls, proxies, VPNs, monitoring systems, services and suppliers).
- Traffic optimisation systems and suppliers.
- Distributed comms rooms.
They will -
- Keep abreast of wider industry developments in networking and security and the wider technical space, providing input to technical strategy development as well as tactical improvements.
- Investigate and resolve deep-seated underlying networking and security problems.
- Deliver key network and security projects, including wireless implementations, WAN upgrades, traffic optimisation solutions.
- Provide support to a range of business and technical IT projects.
- Coach the wider IT department to help them develop their networking and security support skills.
- Work with wider business teams to ensure Welcome Break remain compliant in areas such as PCI and GDPR
- Be responsible for the management of network and security suppliers (account reviews, incident response, etc) and network and security projects, focused on new / enhanced security systems, network improvements, wireless network implementation, comms room improvement.
- Provide reporting on network and security health.
- Provide expert level support for networking and security problems.
- Ensure the smooth transition of network and security changes into BAU support including documentation and training.
- Support the implementation of business / technical projects including travel to various locations around the UK.
- Form part of the technical on-call support rota.
Qualities we look for
To make it as an IT Technical Specialist, you’ll need to have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent analytic skills - is able to evaluate information effectively.
- Excellent technical analysis problem solving skills.
- Prioritisation, planning & time management skills.
- Technical IT skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Diligence and commitment
- A focus on deliver and proactivity
- A deep interest in technology
- The ability to challenge at all levels
- 3rd party supplier management.
- Network and security experience in a multi-site / head office environment.
- General skills in supporting Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2003/8/12,16 Citrix XenApp, Microsoft SQL Server 2000/5/8/12, Office 365.
- Deep technical knowledge of networking architecture - LAN’s, WAN’s, Wireless, including VRRP, HSRP, VLANs, ACLs.
- Deep technical knowledge of security architecture - firewalls, IPS, proxies, site to site and client VPNs, web & email filtering.
- Experience of working in a formally compliant security environment (eg ISO 27001, PCI).
- Experience managing network implementation projects.
- Experience of cloud & mobile worker security approaches (including BYOD)
- Experienced IT network and security specialist in a comparable multi-site business ideally from a Retail / Hospitality / Leisure background.
Educated to (IT) degree level or relevant technical qualifications
Key benefits for IT Technical Specialists.
- Competitive salary
- 33 days’ holiday (incl BH)
- Contributory pension
- Structured career path and bespoke training
- Discounts from 1000s of high street stores via MyWelcomeBreak.
- Generous discounts on hotel rooms for you and family members
Due responsibilities within the role applicants will need to be 18 years of age or over.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'