Support Centre Roles. Made at Welcome Break
IT Technical Specialist - End User Computing.
Vantage Court Support Centre. Excellent salary and benefits.
Welcome Break is one of the UK’s leading independent motorway service operators and has 34 sites across the UK. Welcome Break sites are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and attract 85 million motorway customers annually. Our Support Centre at Newport Pagnell is the support hub for our many sites where over 100 people work across our Commercial and Brands Team, People Team, Operations, IT, Business Development and Finance.
About the role - IT Technical Specialist - End User Computing.
We have a fabulous opportunity for an IT Technical Specialist - End User Computing, to come and join the IT team at our Support Centre in Newport Pagnell, Buckinghamshire.We offer a competitive salary package and lots of benefits like subsidised meals, free car parking, up to 70% discount on food and retail on site, discounted hotel rooms, enrolment into our fabulous employee discount scheme My Welcome Break, 30 days holiday (including Bank Holidays) and pension, as well as great career development opportunities.
Main Responsibilities of the Role:
- Manage Welcome Break’s standard operating system and software builds.
- Manage & improve Welcome Break’s end-user hardware (PCs, laptops, mobile technology), operating system and software solutions (Office 365, mobile apps, BYOD,,etc).
- Manage Welcome Break’s anti-virus management & deployment process.
- Manage Welcome Break’s operating system and application patch management process.
- Management of Active Directory.
- Manage Welcome Break’s desktop management and deployment tool.
- Manage and improve telephony provision within Welcome Break (Voip, legacy systems, etc).
- Keep abreast of wider industry developments in end user computing and the wider technical space, providing input to technical strategy development as well as tactical improvements.
- Investigate and resolve deep-seated underlying end user computing issues.
- Deliver key end user computing projects, including Office 365 optimisation, telephony and application delivery strategic changes
- Provide support to a range of business and technical IT projects.Coach the IT Support Team to help them develop their end user computing support skills.
We're looking for an experienced IT end user computing specialist in a comparable multi-site business ideally from a Retail / Hospitality / Leisure background, you'll be educated to (IT) degree level or relevant technical qualifications and have the following experience:
- Experience managing end user hardware, operating systems and applications in a multi-site / head office environment.
- General skills in supporting Windows Server 2003/8/12, Microsoft SQL Server 2000/5/8/12, Citrix XenApp, networks & security.
- Deep technical knowledge of end user hardware & operating systems (Windows XP/7/10).
- Deep technical knowledge of software deployment & builds (silent application deployment, MDT, scripting).
- Experience of anti-virus and operating system / application patch deployment technologies.
- Experience of managing Active Directory.
- Experience of managing mobile technologies (iOS, Android, MDM, BYOD).
- Experience of working in a formally compliant security environment (eg ISO 27001, PCI).
- Experience managing end user hardware upgrades & application deployment / upgrade projects.
- End User
- Technical Skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job