IT Technical Engineer
IT Technical Engineer
Salary: £18,000 per annum
About the company:
Our client is a rapidly growing technology and professional services business offering real-time transcription and market-leading trial services to the legal profession, with exceptional quality of service at the forefront of everything they do.
They are looking for someone who is at the foundation of their IT career to join them in an exciting new role within the team. They offer excellent opportunities to develop and train, outstanding benefits, and a friendly and inviting environment to work in with a newly renovated, state of the art office in Central London.
Duties of the IT Technical Engineer:
- Working with their global IT Support Engineers to provide top class support to end users;
- Assisting in the monitoring, troubleshooting and supporting of our infrastructure;
- Collaborate with project planning activities;
- Documentation production and review;
- Infrastructure design and implementation;
- Deploy patches on hardware/software/networks/environments as well as supporting the architecture and integration of technical solutions;
- Act as liaison for escalations to 3rd party vendors;
- Administration and maintenance of systems and services; and
- You will also research and document major incidents and problems, developing complete documentation impact and RCA’s.
Requirements of the IT Technical Engineer:
Applicants should have basic competency in one or more of the following areas:
- Windows 10, Office 2016
- Microsoft Office 365 (SharePoint, Exchange)
- Microsoft Hyper V
- Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016, Ubuntu 16.04 Server
- VPN and/or DirectAccess.
- Network troubleshooting- Basic and/or advanced connectivity testing and firewall knowledge.
- Installation, modification, maintenance and repair of IT hardware and software.
- Domain controllers, Active Directory Management, DHCP, DNS, Replication.
- Windows PowerShell or other scripting languages.
- Daily system checks, servers, backups and firewall monitoring.
- JIRA and JIRA Service Desk or other ticketing solutions.
- Demonstrable documentation skills (reports, policies, procedures, workflows).
Applicants are desired to have/should be aiming to achieve:
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Certifications in MCSE/MCITP
- CISCO CCNA or above
They will support you to achieve these within your time of employment with them or with any other training requirements they identify you will need/desire to obtain.
Please be aware, you may be required to work different shift patterns to support business requirements. Out of hours or on call support could also be required. Travel may also be required to support their regional offices in Edinburgh, Singapore, Australia, San Francisco and/or New York.
IT Technical Engineer Benefits:
- Season Ticket Loan/Cycle to Work
- Share scheme after 2 years
- Subsidised Gym membership
- Paid leave to carry out volunteer work
If you meet the requirements and feel that this IT Technical Engineer role is right for you then please apply today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job